Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I am so happy that the weather is finally warming up! Today there was just a slight breeze and in the shade it was very comfortable. Dusty cooked our whole dinner on the grill and I decided it would be nice to have everyone eat outside. Max and Rory seemed to enjoy the change in scenery, although Max did try to push the rules a bit more and Rory was a bit crabby since she didn’t get a long enough nap. The way I see it, had we ate inside they probably would have been worse; at least outdoors they were distracted.

Here I am feeding Rory.


Dusty took over attempting to keep Rory happy so I could eat. I went to take their picture and Max starts screaming “cheese” and throwing his arms in the air, so I had to get him in the picture too.


Max was extremely dirty today too. Between his obsession with the sandbox at daycare and all the time they spent outside, (and we certainly didn’t go inside when we got home) he was extremely dirty. I know I say this a lot, but the picture says it too: “he is all boy!”


Here’s my big girl just being giggly while lounging with Daddy. She would go from whining to smiling whenever you’d talk to her but then she’d go right back to whining after she got over the attention you were giving her!


In gardening news, I had decided to seed 3 tomatillo plants. They made it 3 days on the windowsill before I found dirt all over the floor and the plants all turned upside down. I thought for sure Max had killed them but I scooped them up and put them back in the cups to see what would happen. About a week later I saw a sprout, and now the second one is showing one too. Looks like we’ll have our tomatillo plants after all!


I can’t wait to roast and can them, I love tomatillos and since they apparently are quite the weed in the garden, Dusty’s family won’t grow them. (We plan to keep them in a pot away from the garden.) It’s going to be so fun to have tomatillos to offer them this year! It isn’t often I get to have a food they don’t already grow.

1 comment:

  1. Dusty looks irritated in the picture of him and the two kiddos lol. It makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete