Monday, May 17, 2010

I knew I loved Max, and that I'd continue to love Max more and more every day. I did not realize, however, that my love for him would also grow as I watch him interact with his sister.

On Saturday while we were packing everything up Rory was getting crabby but I had to leave her in the stroller because if I picked her up then I wouldn't be able to finish packing up everything. After about 10 minutes of her whining, I look over because she has stopped to see that Max has climbed into the stroller and is sitting/standing in front of Rory and talking to her and giggling at/with her. It was so incredibly adorable and made me so proud.

Today while dropping Rory off in her classroom I told Max to give Rory a kiss bye-bye. Instead of kissing her he went to grab some of the toys. I took his hand and tried to get him to leave but he started to pitch a fit. So I get down to his level and calmly tell him to tell me what is wrong. He instantly makes a kissy face (more like a fish face if you've ever seen it). I asked him if he wanted to give Rory a kiss bye-bye and he instantly says "yup". So off he goes to give his sister a kiss, who, by the way, turned away from his first attempt so he had to move to her other side to get her. It was really funny and both me and the teacher were laughing that she was playing hard to get to the boy who so adamantly wanted to give her a kiss!

I sure do love those two and I'm sure as Rory starts to interact with her brother more I'll feel the exact same way towards her! I tend to learn more from my first, the second gets to remind me how fast it goes!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that picture of Rory!!! She is absolutely adorable with the big blue eyes, pearly white and drool. LOVE IT! How close are you to your (I mean the kids) new playset???

    ReplyDelete