Friday, May 28, 2010

I guess I have officially become a part of the blogging community because I was just tagged for a blog chain! Well technically, Jean already tagged me in her blog for her Feature Friday, but this is my first tag to join others in posting about 7 things that make me grumpy. I don't know where it originated but I'm guessing the list is to commemorate the seven dwarfs. So here goes!

7 Things That Make Me Grumpy!

1. If I don't get my alone time. By this I mean, I can get things done for myself outside of our home. I need this, if not once a week at least once every two weeks otherwise I become very upset. It's impossible to put myself first when I have the whole family to take care of, so give me those few precious hours to get out of the house and get things done for myself or suffer my wrath!

2. Last minute plans, or plan changes. Yes, I understand you can't have everything planned but I hate, hate, HATE when things get switched around at the last minute as it usually means more work for me as I have to adjust everyone to the new schedule and usually have to pack the diaper bag differently.

3. Not having a lunch to take to work. Dusty and I have always been really great about making extra food at dinner so we'll have lunches for the next day. Now that Max is eating more and Rory has started sampling our foods we haven't had as much left over which means no lunch ready to go.

4. Being unable to tell people what to do. I'm sure many people share this irritation with me. Some examples of this: Not being able to tell the car behind me to stop tailgating; I'm already going 30 in a 25 MPH zone and we just passed a cop! Listening to the morning show on my local radio station make fun of some celebrity for having "flabby skin" less than a year after giving birth to twins! Watching someone else use the computer; I don't care who you are, everyone has their own way of opening programs and meandering around the internet but trust me, my way is always the best way!

5. Not being able to find a local church that I like. I am determined to have my children attend Sunday School when they are old enough as I want them to know and understand God. Growing up we always attended a church that was outside of my school's district and I hated that and really want to prevent having to do that with my children. So far, I have not found a church that I can connect with to motivate myself to start going on a regular basis and I'm pretty sure we'll be branching out of our community real soon.

6. Feeling helpless. I'm an organizer and a planner and I will do whatever I can to try to get control of a situation. If that isn't possible, I'm not happy at all.

7. Parenthood. Don't get me wrong, parenthood is so incredibly rewarding most of the time, but there are lots of other times that it gets me really grumpy. Having Max rip out my tomatillos, Rory spitting up on me as we're heading out the door to start our day, and planning the kids' appointments around both Dusty and my work schedules are all fine examples of when parenthood makes me grumpy. I think it just comes with the territory.

Well that was fun and now I get to tag some of my blogging friends and family!
Life of the Woolley's
The Horejsi's
The Becker's
Line Adventures
Get Lowe!
Dana and Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Love the list!! I can relate to most of them especially #4. I always seem to get stuck behind the same white car with a 90+ year old man driving it and he goes about 10mph in a 35mph zone. This is no exaggeration. It's on the road outside my house and I have to be on it for about 2.5 miles. It's curvy and you can not pass. He creates a line of 25+ cars following him. Ryan even knows the car at this point and will say "Move, white car!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete