Monday, March 29, 2010

Yesterday I had a marvelous day away from my children. (Yes, I do enjoy my breaks away.) I was also excited because I was co-throwing Becca's baby shower! Who wouldn't be excited to celebrate baby's future arrival? Naturally Becca was glowing - pregnancy really does suit her well.

The food was awesome and we all got a good laugh that we each did our parts to try to make Becca's life a little easier since she's currently on a food restriction thanks to gestational diabetes. It was pretty silly, and my attempt at sugar free cupcakes (purchased - I didn't make them) was a flop. But hey, it's the thought that counts! Don't worry, there was also cake for all the non-diabetics, and Becca helped herself to a minor piece too.

It was a nice afternoon away from home, I wish I could have stayed there all day talking and laughing with everyone. But of course, my other life waited and I was soon rushing off to meet Dusty and get some shopping done. We were able to sneak away without the kids for an hour as my parents watched them. Of course, that hour was spent shopping, but it was our first solo trip in a very long time so we relished in it. Now on to yet another busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment