Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday I took the kids to Como Zoo. I don't know why I never thought to go to the zoo while it was cold before, it was really one of the best trips to the zoo I've ever taken. It wasn't crowded and since most of the animals are indoors it was much easier to see and interact with them. Max was able to high five monkeys through the glass, the giraffe's were eating right in front of us and the Lion and Lioness where chasing each other around and batting at each other's faces. Ok, that last one was really just a chance thing and nothing to do with winter, but it was seriously one of more favorite trips to the zoo.

To top it off, we met up with up with Kristen and her boys, Jackson and Tyler, and Auntie Ta-Ta also joined us so it was a very fun day to watch the kids enjoy all the views and catch up with everything that has been going on in our lives. I forgot my camera (I know, I know...) but thankfully Kristen sent me some pictures to use for my blog.

Here are Jackson and Max checking out the waterfall in the rainforest part. It was way to hot and humid for our winter clothed selves but we were able to lose a few layers to enjoy it.

Rory was getting her flirt on with Tyler. Yeah, she's going to be very well rehearsed at getting boys to do whatever she wishes.

Here are the four kiddos. I love that Rory stands out in this sea of boys. From left to right (Max, 22 months; Rory, 5 months; Tyler, 13 months; Jackson, 3 years.

Here's a cute picture of Tara and I with Max and Rory. It was nice to have Tara there to help, I was able to let Max walk around with Tara there to chase after him. Of course, she did decide to help him throw snowballs, that naughty Auntie Ta-Ta.

Of course, we never thought to get a picture of all the adults or even our whole group. I guess we'll just have to schedule another visit to the zoo so we can get that picture taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment