Friday, March 19, 2010

Potty training has been a challenge at daycare. Max has yet to use the potty while he is there. They've also run into an issue where Max will only let his lead teacher take him to the potty, otherwise he pitches a fit. Obviously we don't want that, and at the same time I can't expect the lead teacher to leave and take Max to the potty all the time. So we're working at this. He's been having a lot of "dry" checks which shows he is learning to hold it, which is progress towards our ultimate goal.

He has gone potty for me in the mornings and he loves getting his M&Ms when he goes. So we'll continue on this path in hopes he'll start learning how to recognize when he needs to go and telling us. Like I said, my goal is to have him potty trained by his second birthday which gives us a couple months, I'm not going to expect much more then baby steps.

Rory and Max have both been enjoying the outdoors with this warm weather we've had. Rory will play in her stroller while Max scours the yard. Max has also pulled Rory in the wagon which resulted in Rory slamming her face on the side. I wasn't there, Daddy and Uncle Randy were supervising (and video taping for those that saw it on my Facebook account).
We've taken many walks down our street to visit neighbors, usually with me pushing Rory in the stroller and Max pushing his truck. I love that we live in a rural area and I don't have to be overly cautious about Max on the side of the road. Not that he plays in the street, just that I can let him walk by himself without worrying about a lot of traffic.

Hopefully the weather will remain nice this weekend and we can spend more time outdoors. Bring on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment