Sunday, March 14, 2010

We only had 5 accidents today and 3 successes! Max was a trooper for most of it and he didn't sit on the potty nearly as long today to get those 3 out. Of course, he also lost some interest in the potty and pitched a couple fits when he was told it was time to sit on the potty. I suppose that is to be expected, and the sticker usually remedied that situation.

The biggest success of the day though is that Max told me he went potty. He had an accident, but as soon as he had it he signed "potty" and also said it to me. So he is starting to really understand the concept. I went shopping and got a bunch more training pants and plastic pants that we'll take to daycare tomorrow. I did a bunch of research and it looks like cloth gets faster results than pull-ups. Of course, that is controversial and depends on who you talk to, but I have no problem with washing dirty underwear and it seems more parents had better results this way. (The bare butt method was actually flaunted the most, but I'm not willing to let him use my carpet as a toilet.) We used cloth diapers for the first 3 months of both Max and Rory's lives so I know what I'm getting myself into with the laundry.

Hopefully being wet and uncomfortable will make him even more dedicated to using the big boy potty. My goal and hope is to have him potty trained by his 2nd birthday, which gives us two months. Hopefully it goes well at daycare and having other kids using the potty will encourage him!

No comments:

Post a Comment