Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rory turned 6 months old yesterday! This is a very exciting birthday as a lot of things change at the half year mark and she can start handling more "grown up" things like being able to put lotion on her, sunscreen in the summer, being able to take Motrin which lasts for 8 hours as opposed to Tylenol's 4 hours, and then just the significance of already being half a year old. I was very excited and we took her picture first thing in the morning. Yes, I realize it is crooked, try explaining that to Max who insisted on helping hold the camera.

Max also took a picture unbeknownst to me while I was adjusting Rory and the camera was on the ground. It actually turned out pretty cute so I thought I'd share it.


While 6 months is a big milestone, Rory decided to make it a memorable one. She was the crabbiest I had ever seen from about noon until bedtime. She has developed a cough with her cold and it prevented her from sleeping which made her miserable and so incredibly overtired and crabby. We were and are giving her the nebulizer to try to help, but it didn't do much and she pretty much screamed the rest of the afternoon. It was terrible. Max's nap was cut short because of all the screaming from Rory so he was a crabby little man and I was home all alone with basically two crying/screaming kids. Pretty sure it was a miserable, no good, terrible, bad day.

Thankfully the kids are on the road to sleep recovery. Rory seems to be back to her normal cheerful self after taking a 3 hour nap this morning and Max is currently sleeping for his afternoon nap and after all the fun stuff he did this morning having both aunties Ta-Ta and Andrea over along with Chris to play with - well lets just say I doubt he'll be up anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment