Saturday, March 27, 2010

We had a very eventful Saturday. We started out in Stillwater for a carnival. Rory had a great time in the front carrier. Max, well, he was a bit overwhelmed with everything. He had fun shooting baskets and spinning the wheel for suckers. When I only let him have one sucker he wasn't too happy, but thankfully there were plenty of other things to distract him with. After the carnival we went on an Easter Egg Hunt!

We went with Andrea and Ava, some friends of ours and I forgot to ask Andrea if I could post pictures of Ava so unfortunately you won't see more then just her back in the picture below. The kids had a great time playing before the "hunt" started. I love this picture I got of Max coming down the slide.

Rory was a trooper in the beginning, but it got to be a bit too cold for her; combine that with the lack of a quality nap and my smiling, happy go lucky girl insisted on being carried pretty much the whole hunt. Thankfully, Andrea likes holding Rory and she was a great help as we'd take turns chasing after the kids and carrying Rory.


It was my first time going to a Easter Egg Hunt. I was surprised by how many kids were there since we stuck close to home, which is pretty rural compared to our surrounding areas. But the kids didn't seem to mind. Max was showing me one of the two eggs he got. Yes, he only got two eggs. The kid didn't quite grasp the concept before all the bigger kids swooped up the eggs. But I got this picture and that is all that matters.
It was a nice Saturday and a good way to prepare for Easter. Now I just have to buy eggs to dye. Of course I bought an egg dye kit and convinced myself I had plenty of eggs only to come home and find out we have none. Ah, and that is why I made parent of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment