Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Maya has been such a blessing to our family. I mean, every time she rolls in poop I get to throw her in the shower and wash it off. When she vomits in my garage it gives me an opportunity to clean up the garage floor. I love walking around my yard looking for her turds to clean up so the kids don't step in them.

Maya has convinced me that I am most certainly not ready for a family dog.

Then there are those times when we're in the yard and I'll tell Maya to stay. It may take a couple tries but she'll listen and remain in our yard while I walk to the neighbors. Those afternoons spent on the couch reading to the kids and Maya is sitting at my feet keeping my toes warm? Perfection. Maya in the house also gets me out to enjoy the beautiful weather and the fact that she doesn't pull on her leash? Makes it that much more enjoyable.

Maya has convinced me that I am capable of managing a family dog.

The way she loves on and protects my children? That has convinced me that Maya has been such a blessing to our family!


We don't need a family dog, it wouldn't be fair to our part-time family member!

No comments:

Post a Comment