Friday, September 7, 2012


For a fun Friday post, lets look at some funny lines and stories from my children lately.

Max: "Mom, I'm married to my dad. He lives in St. Paul."
-Explaining who his other dad was. Even more reason to support marriage equality I guess.


Max: "Mom, I don't want to play I Spy anymore. I'm not winning."
Me: "But you're not losing?"
Max: "Yes I am. I'm losing on patience!"


The first and only friend I've hear about since Max started school is Big Grace, not little Grace, Max's new bus friend. On the second day of school he drew her a picture, rolled it up and taped it closed. This was the second time I had heard about her, the first was when he got home that first day asking if he too could have a lunch box like Big Grace did. Did I mention that Big Grace is not in Max's Junior Kindergarten class? And since he rides the bus with Jr-K through 12th grade kiddos I have no idea how old this girl is. I think she's in the elementary school, and Max is insistent I know her, so my guess is that she either went to the same daycare that Max used to attend or she was at Vacation Bible School this summer. Either way? My son's first school friend is an older girl that he's drawing pictures for. I am so screwed for the teenage years! I knew it, he is a Cochran after all, but seriously does the universe need to remind me on the SECOND DAY OF JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN?!


Rory woke us up in the middle of the night.
Rory: "I want to sleep with you."
Me: "Rory baby, why did you wake up? Do you need to go potty?"
Rory: "Nooooooo."
Me: "Why are you crying than?"
Rory: "Because you guys were not coming to get me to sleep in your bed!"
-Cue Dusty snorting in bed, the very man that has never in his entire life of sleeping with me ever been woken up in the middle of the night and laughed. He's a bit of a crabber if he's woken up. Don't even get me started on the nights before both our children were born...


Rory: "Mommy, we have dinkles!"
Me: "We have what, Rory?"
Rory: "Umm...dinkles. You know, the corners!"
(Pause for a moment of thought.)
Me: "OH! Yes Rory, we do have DIMPLES!"


Hopefully they gave you a laugh for the end of the work week. We're looking forward to some major cousin loving as Brookey and Eva are visiting from California and we cannot wait to see them and the rest of our cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment