Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Max's first day as a public school pupil. He was not exactly thrilled with going to school, but he wasn't scared, just argumentative about going and extremely wound up. He was constantly getting himself into trouble and testing out new boundaries the whole morning. It took a lot more control not to scream my head off than it did to not cry today.

We finally got the first day of school picture taken. I may have had to threaten him. But I got it, and he looks cute.


I also apparently had more nerves then I realized because my first 6 photos or so? Yeah, they looked like this.


A lot of touching up and I was able to get this. Not beautiful, but you can see he had an entourage of support.


Then we sat around and waited for the bus. The bus was 20 minutes late, and we went out 20 minutes early. So needless to say, the boy got bored real fast.


The bus did finally show up, and my boy loaded on without one single look back at his mom. I did get a wave from the window though along with a big proud smile. So I must be doing something right.



When the bus turned around and headed back out we had YoYi (Gayle), Grammy and Rory all doing the jump and wave to Max. Yes, it really does take a village.


After an exciting afternoon of grocery shopping, Rory and I returned home to wait for the bus. Rory was so excited she wouldn't leave the side of the road for the first 10 minutes. The bus? 30 minutes late on bringing him home. It got boring real fast. But he made it, he had his first day, he complained it was boring and than bragged about all the fun things he did at school. I think he's going to be just fine.


And an Acapulco's dinner with his cousins? Always a reason to continue to go to school!


We made it! Max rode the bus with ease, had a good first day at school, and Mom didn't cry. Well, at least not when anyone was watching. It's going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment