Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Max starts preschool tomorrow and he could not be more excited! I'm hoping that all this excitement at being a "big kid" is the reason he has been acting so naughty lately.

Max pretty much refuses to accept that no means no. If he asks for something and you don't tell him he can have it or do it he is going to either A) Argue with you that he can, B) Throw a huge fit which includes screaming and crying and more then likely running at you and hitting you, or C) Do it anyway.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't list these easily and I certainly do not just stand aside and let him act this way. (Although I have been known to walk away from a fit, but for the record the experts recommend that.) The amount of incidents we've had over the last 2 weeks has been staggering. Today he pretty much spent a good chunk of the morning in his bedroom for timeouts and cool downs.

A great example of my newly independent little man: Max was put to bed at 7:30 last night. At 8:30 he yelled for me because he got his pants wet. I come upstairs and his face is covered in chocolate and Max shows me that he grabbed the chocolate chip zucchini bread and ate it. We're talking half a loaf people! (OK, really more like a one fourth in real sizes, it was a mini loaf, but seriously!) And to top it off, he actually did have a small accident in his pants, which never happens with Max. He was giggling and jumping all over the place while Dusty tried to help him change into dry clothes and I vacuumed up his bed and floor. (Oh, did I neglect to mention he ate all this bread in his bed?!)

The worst part is that Dusty and I could barely keep it together. I mean, we literally were hiding our faces in the kitchen because it was so random and so funny to find our son in the predicament he was in.

So tomorrow starts preschool, and I hope it also starts a new chapter that doesn't include a little boy that demands his independence but takes it in strides. Oh please, oh please, oh please let it work like that. Related? Be ready for my very first "First Day of School" post!

1 comment:

  1. Are times tough for Andrea? I thought she had a great job... can't she afford some shorts that don't make her look poor? What is her address I will send her some money. AP

    ReplyDelete