Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This morning I woke the kids up and told them that we were going to the fair. I never breathed a word of it to them until this morning and man were they excited! They kept telling me about all the things that Grandma got them while she was at the fair and they were so excited about all the animals.

I am so thankful that both Auntie Andrea and Auntie Rosie were willing and able to come with us. Three adults to two toddlers is my highly recommended ratio for happiness at the fair. Along with a cooler day, an early morning, and the prediction of light rain - the crowds were not nearly as bad as they were when I went on Tuesday.

We arrived at 9 a.m. and Andrea spotted the flowering onion and had to have one. I'm sure many of you are not aware of this, but the blooming onion is the #1 worst food at the fair. So at 9 a.m. we set the bar high!


We went and saw all the animals. Max and Rory spent a lot of time petting them, side stepping and pointing very loudly at any piles of poop, and of course making the appropriate animal noises. They also stopped at the oink booth so they could get their free hats!


We also stopped and got the kids cowboy hats. They got to pick their own colors and watched the woman paint them right before their eyes. They looked so stinkin' cute and it was easy to find them in the crowds as they walked around in their bright colored hats. The kids were also stopped by a woman from the K102 booth and took a picture with her so maybe they'll end up on their website later? I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if that happens.


After a couple hours we were all getting pretty tired. Max had quite the breakdown while we got him a sandwich that led to 15 minutes of agony but eventually he calmed down so we could load the bus and head home. But not before I got a group picture!


Sadly, I'm still not filled up on the fair. I won't be going back again this year but that doesn't mean I don't want to! Next year I'm going to figure out a way to live at the fair for the 12 days. I love the Minnesota State Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment