Saturday, August 20, 2011

I had such a great time with Becca and Holly on Thursday. We talked for four hours before we finally packed it up to head home. I realized we had not taken a picture together as we were leaving so we all huddled in the bathroom for a good old fashioned bathroom mirror picture. It felt like college all over again!


Friday morning we headed over to Lyla's house so we could spend the day with her and Nora. Lyla got her Power Wheel Cadillac, which was one of her birthday presents but unfortunately did not show up in time for her birthday party. It had just shown up in her garage Friday morning for her to ride and Katie and Andrew were excited for Max to come over and help her learn to drive it. Before we left that afternoon Lyla was getting it down really well!


After leaving Katie and Andrew's I brought the kids to Auntie TaTa's apartment where they had a sleepover! They watched movies, ate popcorn, stayed up late, went swimming; the list goes on and on. Auntie TaTa kept them until late in the day today which was awesome because I was busy staining the kid's play set. Here's a picture of it before. (I had already sanded and power washed it, and obviously removed all the swings and tarp.)


I worked on it all day. Dusty kept bringing me water since I didn't even stop to eat and when it was obvious I was not going to get it all done by myself today Dusty even stepped in for an hour or so to help me. (He was wiring the garage so it isn't like he was just sitting there watching me or anything.) Let me tell you, it's a new play set, I'm so glad we finally got a chance to do it, take a look!


Tomorrow is yet another busy day but I'm very happy because we'll be driving around collecting machinery from kind friends and family that will lend them to us so we can start grading the yard to accommodate the garage. It's going to be a hard working week but I just know it's all going to turn out awesome when it is done!

1 comment: