Friday, August 12, 2011

After spending my evening playing catch with my 3 year old I figured it was time I wrote another fun post with some stories and funny moments, all compliments of Max and Rory.

To start, Rory's new phase is to say "shu up" whenever she is upset. I mean, she uses it in context completely and while we do try to ignore the problem, having her brother point it out every single time does not really count as ignoring it. Not to mention Max is confused why we ignore her but punish him if he tries it. Oh, and there is also that small problem that Rory will sometimes try to get your attention by using other bad words so you may hear the occasional "stoopid" or "damn it". I'm such a lucky Mom!

As I mentioned in my opening, I played catch with Max for a good half hour yesterday. He is really getting into sports and loves to run all over claiming he beat you, or begging you to chase him. He loves to swing at the baseball with his bat, but not off his baseball tee, it absolutely has to be thrown to him. And he's becoming very talented at hitting and catching the ball. Of course, we aren't playing real baseball and make it as easy as possible for him, but he never fails to impress anyone that is watching him.

Rory is starting to use action verbs but her -ing's are pronounced more like "in" or "y" which has lead to some really cute episodes. She is quite the Mama's girl and every night tell Dusty, "Daddy, no tucky me in." Or when Erica was here she tickled Rory's belly and when she stopped Rory would say "Getin' my belly" which had us laughing so hard. Who would have thought she'd have an Austin Power's movie line down without some coaching first?

Speaking of movie lines, Max has been dropping movie lines lately. The other day he told me, "You can call me Flower if you want to." Which is from Bambi. And he also loves to say "No you can't fly!" and will wait for me to counter back "Yes, I can!" which is from Toy Story (or Buzz Lightyear as Max calls it). It always makes me giggle when the movie lines come out, he's turning out to be just like his uncles. (Thankfully he won't understand most of their movie lines for many, many years.)

Rory usually goes to bed very easily for us, but occasionally she has a rough time. Sometimes this is easily remedied by me kissing all her animals and dolls goodnight and tucking them in with her in her crib. Other times she's just stalling and asking to kiss everyone again. Usually it's "I kissy Maxwell goo night. I kissy Daddy goo night." And for me? She insists on "kissy you cheek" and then when that one is kissed she insists on "kissy two cheek" and then usually we need another one on the lips for good measure. I know, it isn't good to let her stall her bedtime but how long will this last? I need to milk it out for all it's worth!

Lastly, Max has taken to not only becoming my helper but also my cheerleader. He's been known to tell me "Don't worry mom, I'll take care of everything." Or, "You're a good Mom." And my favorite, "I love you a lot." It doesn't get much better then that people!

No comments:

Post a Comment