Monday, September 27, 2010

Dusty and I went away this weekend. We celebrated our 5 year anniversary in central Wisconsin, or as Dusty likes to call it, "God's country". I decided to have a little fun and make comparison pictures from our honeymoon in Hawaii and started calling it our second honeymoon. I think you'll agree, the beauty is comparable.

Sunset - you are just as beautiful in Wisconsin in the fall.


Sea turtles, meet our talented lake turtles. I didn't see any sea turtles doing this.


Deep sea fishing was far more bumpy with the waves then lake fishing was. And I caught more fish here!


We even did some miniature golfing, which we also did in Hawaii.


Miniature golfing also gave me the chance to get a horribly lit picture of us in front of a waterfall. But I got a picture of us in front of a waterfall, just like in Hawaii.


There were many couple pictures taken, here is one of my favorites. We just watched the sunset and were packing up to head in.


I also took a picture in Hawaii of my view from the beach with my toes in the foreground. Here's a picture of my view from the boat!


Who needs a Jeep when you have an awesome minivan that can also pull a boat?


I realize there is beauty no matter where we are, and that Northern Wisconsin may not really be up to Hawaiian standards in my eyes since that beauty is rarer to me. But my sunrise picture really is one of my most favorite pictures I've ever taken. Just look at how beautiful the lake was Sunday morning!


We returned home a bit earlier then we had planned on Sunday as I was so excited to get to the hospital! Reb and Joe finally welcomed their baby girl, Jane Christine.


I was disappointed I wasn't there to meet her shortly after she was born, but excited we got her and Reb all to ourselves while we were there to visit on Sunday so I guess the timing was perfect! Thank you Dusty for planning our second honeymoon, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I think I'd rather be in Hawaii though. I'm just saying ;-) I agree that WI is beautiful and I love a visit there, but c'mon.... wouldn't you enjoy a nice vaca to Hawaii as winter is approaching?! Happy anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete