Friday, September 3, 2010

Australian Potatoes, Gyro, Deep Fried Cheeseburger, Salt Water Taffy, Deep Fried Spam Curds, Sunfish in a boat, Cheese Curds, Deep Fried Ravioli and Martha's Cookies. Yes, that is everything I ate while at the Minnesota State Fair yesterday! I am so happy right now. (Well a little irritated because there is a fish bone stuck in the back of my throat from the fish, but otherwise quite content!)

Don't these look delicious and so not nutritious! Top is Australian Potatoes and bottom is the deep fried cheeseburger)...


We were able to go to the fair with my parent's and our family friends, Bob and Cindy. This is how we were able to consume so much, there were plenty of people to share with. Oh, and of course, there was lots of beer to be consumed!


Dusty and I also sat in the Coliseum for a little while and caught the Jr. High Rodeo. It was actually really fun, as the boys run out with the young bulls and then after they pass a certain line they have to wrestle the bulls to the ground as quick as they can. It was really funny, although apparently I was one of the few who thought so as I got a lot of weird stares as I'd laugh at the wrestling being done. I guess I'm not country enough!


The reason we chose to go to the fair on Thursday was because my cousin's band won Battle of the Bands and they got to play at the State Fair. How exciting is that?! So obviously we needed to catch the show! She's the bassist on the right!


Andrea and Tara also met up with us later that evening so we had to get a sisterly shot!


We had a really great time! Now if only I could convince myself to go again this year with the kids. I mean, I didn't even get time to see the animals, you really do need to go more then once to attempt to see everything, and there is so much more I want to eat! Yeah, that probably isn't going to do the trick. There is always next year!

1 comment:

  1. I miss the MN State Fair. Always such a good time and tons of awesome (and slightly unusual) food to be eaten!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete