Thursday, April 8, 2010

We have our first parent teacher conference today at daycare. We only have the conference for Max; Rory is too little so they don't set them up unless requested by the parents. I know, he isn't even 2 yet and I'm going to a parent teacher conference!

I actually think this is a great idea, they are trained to be teachers in a classroom taking additional education courses twice a year, and they learn to watch out for troublesome signs. Of course, they don't diagnose, but they at least can give parents a heads up if something seems off. Now, knowing all of this, it makes me a bit nervous going in.

Don't get me wrong, we have excellent communication with Max's teachers as it is. So really, I don't know what they could discuss with us that we haven't already discussed. But that is just it, the unknown, that is what makes me nervous. When did I get this old? And more importantly, how did it come so fast?!

Here's to looking forward to my first parent teacher conference and hearing them sing their praises of my bright, amazing little boy! (Or so I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment