Thursday, April 22, 2010

Teeth and ears. Why can't babies just be born with teeth already in place and ears that are slanted to help with draining?!

Over the past 4 days Max has been extremely clingy, whiney, easily upset but of course, a perfect angel at daycare. First we saw the tip of one eye tooth, then we saw another, yesterday we saw the third so I can only predict that the fourth is going to show up tonight and it will be official - Max will be sprouting all 4 eye teeth at one time! The poor guy, I know it hurts as he cries a lot at meal times when he tries to bite down on something. Thankfully Motrin seems to work for bedtime and he hasn't woken up more than once this week yet.

Rory has had her cold now for a couple weeks. She has been so congested that her eyes are getting stuck shut because the boogers are coming out of her eyes too. Yes, it is really gross. She has been perfectly pleasant when you're not wiping her nose or eyes and she hasn't had a fever but we know our Rory; she will be visiting with the pediatrician this afternoon to see if an ear infection has sprouted. She has woken up 3 out of the last 5 nights which is very unlike her so that is our sign to get her checked out.

This is when I feel I need to break out into song and sing something like "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow..." just to remind myself it isn't always going to be like this. One very adorable story to share. Max is getting better and better at combining words to make phrases. Last night Daddy brought him downstairs to give me a kiss and to say I love you Mommy. What does Max say? "Ove U....Mommy"! It just melted all my tensions away.

No comments:

Post a Comment