Monday, April 19, 2010

Rory started saying "Dada" this weekend. She isn't so much saying "Dada" as she is saying "dadadadadada" but of course Dusty insists that this counts. Plus, that is how Max started too, and a short while later he shortened it to "Dada". So now I have a talking baby and she isn't even 7 months old yet! I guess we know who takes after her Mama with the love of gab!

Rory was busy talking and entertaining all weekend and she had good reason too. We spent a good chunk of our time outside working on our yard. We brought in over 4 ton of rock to put around our house, which meant moving the mulch that was already there then unloading all the rock. It was tiring and I had plan that evening so I was really pushing myself to help get it done.

Auntie Ta-Ta came over and she helped watch the kids and even did some manual labor. (She'd be mad if I didn't mention the manual labor part.) Randy and Ashley also showed up in the evening to help out since I had to leave. I think they enjoyed the pizza I ordered as a thank you. Tara forgot her sunglasses so Sunday morning we took a couple pictures to send her on Facebook.



Yeah, they were pretty excited to play with the sunglasses!

The rock looks great, now we just have some other small projects to do and most of our yard work should be done. Of course, this will all have to be done over the course of the week in the evenings since spring has sprung and with it comes lots of plans. I seriously don't understand how my weekends can fill up so quickly and so quietly. At least they all should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love the glasses! You need to post some pictures of how the rock looks around the house. Yard work is so tiring and time consuming, but it looks great when it's done.

    ReplyDelete