Monday, April 12, 2010

I am struggling with where to start with this blog as I have adorable pictures to share, exciting potty news and a terrible, terrible story. I think I'll post the terrible first so the good sticks with you more since you read it last.

Dusty, that loving man that my children call "Daddy" was laughing as Max picked his nose Sunday morning. Max has recently discovered this new ability and I was teaching him how to put the boogers onto a Kleenex. (Yes, I would have loved to stop the whole deed, but that isn't working so I might as well teach him to not rub the boogers everywhere!) My lovely husband decided to tell Max to eat his booger on his finger. My disgusted cry out of "No!" only encouraged Max more and in pops the booger. Seriously! His father taught him that! I would have predicted an uncle, but no, his own father. Not even 30 minutes later Dusty is crying out disgustedly, "No Max" and then tells me Max picked between his toes and put that in his mouth. Well? What did he expect!

So now that the horrible story is documented for always, let's get on to more exciting stuff, like adorable pictures of Max, Rory and their cousin Lyla.

We had a fun weekend with Lyla as we hung out with them most of the day Saturday. We went over there to play for a while and then later we all went to Randy and Ashley's to celebrate Cecil's 20th birthday. Here they are getting into trouble behind the shed at Lyla's house. Doesn't Lyla's face just give it away?

They had a great time going down the slide at Randy and Ashley's. Max was doing it like a pro in no time!

Lyla...well, she did figure it out, but this picture was too funny not to post! Curt's face at the top of the slide is just perfect. You knew she wasn't hurt so all you could do was laugh.

And my sweet Rory got her first tastes of crackers and loved them!

It was a nice weekend with family and the best part?! Max stayed dry whenever we were in the house. We only had accidents when he was outside, otherwise he would tell us when he had to go potty. You'd think that would be great enough, but even greater is that on Sunday evening he told us he had to go potty while we were still outside! So he may even start working towards not having accidents outside. I couldn't be happier and more proud of my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment