Monday, January 21, 2013

This weekend, before the cold came in, Rory and I went to a nearby outdoor ice rink to see if I could help her get a bit more motivated to skate. My main objective was to teach her how to put her weight on her skates so she could stand on them, and we did it!


The rink we were on is small and it still took us about twenty minutes to make one lap. I didn't wear any skates and instead held on to one arm as she attempted to move around and walked with her. I wasn't able to get her to stand up on her own just yet but once she was up she could move a small amount on her own before tumbling down.



Yes, this sequence of photos makes me smile every time.


I don't think we'll be going out there again this week, not until it warms up, but hopefully we'll get a chance to  skate some more real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment