Sunday, January 6, 2013

Auntie Katie and Uncle Andrew bought the kids a few months of Kiwi Crates which is a fun mail service that sends crafts for the kids to do. I have to admit, I've been hesitant to open and start it. I mean, first of all, we've been sick, so a craft project has not been at the top of my agenda. Secondly, I've seen some other bloggers share their kits and crafts and while they all had great things to say the projects have looked very detailed which hasn't been much of a motivator for me.

So I don't know if the crafts are setup by age, or maybe we just lucked out, because their first months crafts were perfect! We put together the Penguin Bowling kits yesterday which took all of 10 minutes for decorating their penguins. The perfect amount of time to hold their attention.


After that it was on to the bowling!



Such a quick easy craft and it was very satisfying when it was finished. The cooler part was that they even included other games and ideas for the penguins once the kids got bored with bowling. Although in our house they were only bored with the penguins, throwing the wiffle ball at other objects was far more entertaining. At least they were having fun! (And no windows were broken.)

If Kiwi Crates continues to be this easy I may have to extend our subscription. And if you know someone who may be interested, or you want to purchase a subscription, consider clicking on my link to Kiwi Crate to do so, it gives us a $10 credit to purchase more. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Noah LOVES Kiwi Crates! He's had a subscription for about a year and they are great. Some have experiments and such, so the fun extends over a longer period of time. Great for the long MN winters!

    ReplyDelete