Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yesterday I sent out a text message to my neighbors inviting them all over to our house to sled since school was canceled and our road was not plowed. Both Cecil and Dusty were hard at work snowblowing runs for the kids and making a giant ramp for them to go down on. They also drove to the store on our unplowed roads to get apple cider and milk for hot chocolate. I really do have some great men here!

I invited four families over for sledding resulting in 11 kids (one infant was inside though), 6 adults, and 3 crazy dogs.



I figured the kids would be tired from sledding and ready to come in before an hour was up, so I headed inside to start making all the warm beverages early and ended up staying inside for almost an hour by myself. They were having a great time!




Apparently we were one of the hardest hit areas for the snow fall, with 16 inches of snow.




It hurts to admit this, but I am glad Dusty bought that snow mobile. Otherwise we would have never been able to go sledding, the snow was so deep and we needed it to pack down tracks. The snow blower also helped with that.




Better yet, Dusty made me a ski trail. It isn't the same as skiing on a groomed cross country ski path, but I can rough it around home for the workout. Especially when we're stuck at home and I need a quiet moment.


One final photo? My entryway, when everyone came inside. It was a successful sledding party!


No comments:

Post a Comment