Monday, December 3, 2012

I don't have any memories of decorating gingerbread houses. I'm pretty sure we never did this when I was little and I wanted to change that! After looking up instructions on how to make a gingerbread house, I discovered that a pre-made kit was the way to go. I had no desire for a 3 day process of preparations!

You know what is even better? Ordering the kit and than shipping it to your in-laws leaving them to put the houses together the night before so they'd be ready for decorating. Genius! And of course, it made for some great photo opportunities!




Those little aprons get me every time.


Katie and I took turns decorating Nora's house. She was very good at pulling the candies off to eat them, not so much on leaving the decorations alone. I think she'd argue she had the most fun though!


Nora also attempted to get her hands on the frosting and in her reach she knocked it over, resulting in Lyla getting frosting on her face instead. Silly sister!


The houses were adorable, just as I knew they'd be. It was so fun watching the kids work so hard at decorating, and it was also fun helping them design it out by putting all the frosting on them.


Thank you Katie and Andrew for hosting my messy idea, and for putting the houses together, we all had a really nice time. So what's the next craft we can dream up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment