Wednesday, December 12, 2012


At the risk of ruining someone's Christmas present, I have to share this story. It has not been all sunshine and roses over here, contrary to what all my photos and fun activities may show. We've had our share of rough moments too and this week? Well the mornings have started out not so great.

Monday morning Rory came down into our room crying and Max came running behind her to say that she had an accident in his bed. Why was Rory in Max's bed? When I get into their bedroom I am hit with a really strong smell. Now, I wasn't fully awake so when I said, "What's that smell?" and instantly Max screams, "I didn't do it!", I had to take a few moments to fully grasp the situation.

Something wasn't right and someone was in trouble.

The smell finally made sense. It was fingernail polish! My mind was already swearing like a sailor while I tried to remain calm. "Max, where is the fingernail polish?"

"I don't have it."

"Max, where is the FINGER NAIL POLISH?"

"I DON'T HAVE IT!"

"Max, if I climb into your bed and find fingernail polish we're going to have some real issues. Should I go and get Daddy to look for it?"

And magically Max is fishing the fingernail polish out from his pillowcase.

At the sight of the fingernail polish I gave a huge gasp that scared the kids.

You see, that particular fingernail polish did not come from my collection. Nope, the kids took a present from underneath the Christmas tree, opened the present, and found fingernail polish. And then they OPENED THE FINGERNAIL POLISH AND USED IT!

I don't even know what all I said in my rage but I finally realized I was getting no where with a one way conversation and sent the kids away from me.

We've since had numerous discussions and we haven't had any more incidents although Rory will constantly remind us that "she didn't take it" even though she was also involved in the aftermath conversations since she was obviously involved. (Both kids have painted toe nails, kind of incriminating evidence, don't you think?)

Tuesday morning we were woken up early to Rory crying again. This time because she had thrown up. She's on the mend now and seems to only be suffering from a bad cold, but our weekday mornings have started out not so great. The bags under my eyes? Their my incriminating evidence. I need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment