Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some funny stories and photos to share today!

Max is always styling, but the swimsuit and cowboy boots are definitely one of my favorites. Here he was mad because Rory was in his way and he wanted me to take a picture of him riding on the skate board.


It's amazing to me how quickly my kids recover from complete and utter disappointment to over the top joy. Shortly after this photo he started screaming at me to take a picture as Rory had moved. Greatest thing ever!


We've been spending a lot of time outdoors and near water as the temperatures have been very warm. I found the kids actually playing nicely with the hose the other day. Usually one of them is squirting the other and there is screaming and crying involved. So naturally I had to snap a photo of Max and Rory actually enjoying themselves. Of course, as soon as Max wanted to switch and get Rory she suddenly lost interest. But hey, it worked for a while.


And last, a sort of long story that dates back to Key West. While we were in Key West, Florida for Stacey and Steve's wedding we received a gift bag when we got there that included Gold Bond Medicated Powder for the men to use to help cut down on sweating in certain private areas. It came with a warning that the women weren't to use it as it is medicated and will cause pain. Fast forward to last weekend when we had a few neighbors over for the bonfire and s'mores. We're telling this story while we're all hot by the fire and joking about how I was obviously disappointed not to be able to walk around with a bunch of powder hanging out around my swimsuit area. It was a good laugh, a nice silly story to share.

So imagine my surprise when the next morning I find this sitting in my house!


Chris saw it the next day and absolutely had to buy it for me. You guys? I was laughing so hard it hurt. What are the odds?! So I left it in the entryway and had told the story to a few people and shown them the bottle. Idiot me, when will I learn? Yesterday, while I was outside grilling our family dinner and Dusty was running late to get home the kids decided to help themselves to the Monkey Butt powder and covered themselves and the basement.


My husband, God bless him, cleaned up the whole basement mess while I went for a walk with a friend that evening. Rory's hair? It still has powder in it. That stuff really works because a pool, a hose, a shower, and leave in conditioner have yet to remove the quick drying powder. Combing her hair has been miserable for both of us, I've pretty much given up until it's out.

I guess I won't get to walk around this 4th of July with powder hanging around my swimsuit area...Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment