Sunday, June 17, 2012

So our crazy weekend is wrapping up finally and I have a moment to breathe, if only a moment. On Friday I posted this photo to Facebook with my excitement of Randy and Ashley's wedding.


I had a really great time at the wedding but to be honest I had much higher expectations for myself and what I'd be able to do. And the reality? I spent most of my time being a personal assistant to my 4 and 2 year old children as I ushered them to and from the places they needed to be, continued to help them with smooth transitions and worked vigorously to keep them as clean as possible for as long as we could. In other words? I'm exhausted, I didn't get nearly as many photos as I had hoped, and while I certainly had a good time, I was extremely glad to get to the reception where my parents and sisters would be to help me manage the kids. (I love you guys, thank you again!)

Now, with that long winded explanation of my day I'm ready to show you some of the photos I did get. Get ready for a photo overloaded blog post and my apologizes if you didn't make the blog but the 44 photos I posted to Facebook can't all go here too.

We started out with photos at a local park. My family? We clean up nice if I say so myself.


Here is the gigantic wedding party. If you look closely you'll see Dusty right in the middle next to the bride. He was the best man after all!


The kids did really great walking down the aisle. They never stopped and continued walking on, although, Max was behind the girls with his pillow pushing them if they slowed down!


The gorgeous bride and her father. Seriously she was stunning!


And then, you know the most boring part about the wedding. (And the official part.) Where the priest gives his blessing, the bride and groom learn about the sacrament of marriage, and all the other things that go on while us parent's are obsessively trying to keep the kids quietly entertained so as to not distract anyone around us.



And then they KISS!


Afterwards there is a flurry of activity as you try to get the best man and a groomsmen to the next set of photos while a bridge has brought traffic to a stand still. Then walk with your kids along a busy city sidewalk to get to a bar where they can run around waiting for photos to be finished. After that you load up, do everything in your power to keep the kids from falling asleep in the car for the 15 minute ride because you know they will be bears if they only sleep for minutes before the reception. And then you pose with the ones you love for a few more photos.

My family!


Suzanne and all her girlies!


On to dinner and speeches. Dusty was the last of 4 speeches so while he was funny he was also respectful and kept it short and sweet. I know he had more he wanted to say about Randy and Ashley but he still did a great job while also respecting his audience!


Then? We dance!




And then a couple hours after their bedtimes, the kids start asking to go back to Grandma and Bopa's, so you load them up, kiss them goodnight, and spend the rest of the evening trying to catch up on everyone you've missed out on while living one of the busiest days of you life. Oh, and you also dance until your legs cramp up!

Congratulations Randy and Ashley, we couldn't be more excited to have a second Ashley Cochran in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment