Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Today the kids and I were running errands, and for the third day in a row Rory has decided that the public restroom is where she should do her business. So three times now I've gone into the bathroom with Rory only to have her turn around and declare loudly, "I have to go potty and poops. I need privacies!" And if I dare suggest going in with her or say another word she'll even more loudly interrupt me stating again, "I NEED PRIVACIES!"

So yes, you can say the last few days have been slightly embarrassing and also pretty comical when we go out.

And with that story, I think I'll share a couple more stories from the past couple weeks.

Max, Rory and I were walking at an outdoor mall and there was a girl, maybe 16-18 years old, that was walking towards us. Max spotted her right away and pointed her out because he liked her sparkly orange tank top. When she walked by Max yelled "Hi!" to her and Rory quickly followed suit. As she walked past? Max turned around and yelled to her, "YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!" You guys? How adorable is that?! The girl turned around blushing and didn't say anything but I waved her off, she was a bit too old for him anyway. (Hee hee hee)

Lastly, remember how I walked the kids down the busy city sidewalk to go to a bar where they could run around while we waited for the rest of the wedding party to finish up photos? Well, when we walked in the bar Max started getting excited because they had cattails there. He was telling everyone this and we're all looking around trying to find the cattails while Max continued to point towards the cattail-less bar. It finally dawned on me what he was trying to tell us, so I asked him if he wanted a kiddie cocktail. Man was he excited! (How in the world did my kid know he could get cocktails at a bar? Seriously, this is not a regular stop for us.)

Hope you had some laughs, these kids sure do some funny things sometime and it's fun to relive them. Well, except for the bathroom situations, that's been a daily occurrence, I can stop reliving it any day now and be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment