Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We finally walked the last, elusive trail at our state park. The trail follows the river up to the waterfalls and we discovered it's really boring. There isn't much for hills, the scenery doesn't change, and it just drags on. Both kids were not amused on this walk and it was probably one of the longest walks we took, figuratively, as they were whining pretty much the entire way.

Of course, it didn't help that Rory's skirt slipped off of her repeatedly. I mean, I would complain about that too!


When our trail met up with the trail to the waterfall I saw something scurry across the path and Rory and I ran quick to see. You guys? Say hello to the cutest little raccoons ever!


We could have gone up and pet them we were so close. Of course, I wasn't about to let that happen and I was really nervous that the mom was somewhere nearby ready to pounce so we took a couple pictures, watched them climb a bit, and continued on our way.

The waterfalls were busy too! There were people in their swimsuits walking along the falls, swimming underneath them and sunbathing on the rocks. We also watched some climbers scale the cliff next to the falls. We've watched this one other time and it is still really cool to see.


After that we made the trek home where I sang just about every song I could think of in order to keep the kids motivated for the long boring walk back. And when we got home? Rory passed out, you know, across the stroller in the garage. You think this was her sign that I should have brought it?


I don't think we'll be taking that trail again anytime soon. We're hoping to canoe or rowboat on the river with Auntie TaTa and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment