Friday, June 1, 2012

Yesterday I showed you our visit to Interstate State Park, where we hiked around for about three and a half hours enjoying ourselves. The drive home is long and I was worried the kids were going to fall asleep so I was trying to keep them engaged and pointed things out along the road. While we were in Osceola, WI I noticed a sign for a waterfall which I had never noticed before so we turned around and decided to check it out. I can't find a good link with information but if you're curious, we visited Cascade Falls in Osceola, WI.

The start of the trail is marked with this Native American, who Rory successfully matched in her posing if you ask me!


The waterfall was beautiful! It dropped over 20' which was a lot taller then the waterfall we usually visit. There was also a trail that would take you directly behind the waterfall! It was a bit too thin of a trail for me to comfortably navigate alone, let along with a dog and two small children, but still very cool!


We continued on the trail where we found not one, but two caterpillars. One was even off another walker's back!


We also found some mushrooms growing on a log. Rory always points out that mushrooms are, "danger", because I'm always explaining to them that we only eat mushrooms we buy. Mushrooms we find in the woods could be poisonous.


We also found some sandstone (at least I believe that is what it was) and the kids played in the sand that was next to it. Naturally Max had to roll around in the sand.


Rory made sand angels.


After that we headed back up to the car and made our way home where everyone collapsed for a much needed break.

I took 158 photos in what was close to 5 hours of walking. That means I'm averaging about 1 photo every 2 minutes. You guys? I may have an issue. Thankfully, the kids don't seem to mind, because I don't appear to be stopping anytime soon. I narrowed down 158 photos to 21 for this and yesterday's blog postings. You're welcome.

Also? All photos were taken in manual mode, and I even used the flash a few times when we were deep in the woods. I think I'm getting this! Now to learn photo editing software to really make those pictures pop...

No comments:

Post a Comment