Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thursday Reb, Joe, Dusty and I decided to rent scooters and tour the island. We'd pretty much been walking everywhere (the island is only about 2 miles wide by 4 miles long and we were spending most of our time on just the southern tip) but our feet were getting tired and we still had a lot more we wanted to see that scooters would give us faster access to.



You guys? Remember my obsession with statues? If you don't that's fine, I'll just tell you, I'm obsessed with posing next to statues and either mimicking them or incorporating myself into them. We found a lot of statues. It started with this Captain Morgan statue, I mean, who doesn't want to act like the Cap'n?


Dusty struck a pose with former President Truman, who spent a lot of time at "The Little White House" at the Keys and visited regularly during the presidency. Many other presidents have used the small home but Truman is the most well known as he visited and used it for official business the most.


Then we toured closer to where the cruise ships come in and we found the jackpot. The Key West Art & History Museum I believe it was called had so many statues I had to just pick a few to play with. And play I did. I started with this. I believe it was call, The Daydream, and daydreaming I did!


My view from down there:


Then there was this gigantic statue outside the front entrance that just screamed, mimic me!



And I just love this one of Reb with the photographer; she may not understand my obsession but she goes right along with it.


After our visit with the sculptures we continued on our way only to end up just a vehicle behind the bride and groom! That was a fun little surprise and made for a cute picture.


Of course I then had to turn the camera on ourselves, while Dusty was driving, because I laugh in the face of danger you know. (Don't ask Dusty about it, he'll just complain because I wouldn't let him go over 25 mph and would freak out even then.)


Also? That last picture is one of my favorites because if you look carefully into Dusty's glasses you can actually see me holding out the camera and the traffic around us as we're driving. I'm dangerous I tell you!

We had the scooters for three hours and made a complete loop around the island and zigzagged our way to different attractions making for a very fun afternoon, I'd highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment