Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Now that we're all caught up, the last few days home have been interesting. Max and Rory are slowly adjusting back to having Mom and Dad around and they're also showing us how they felt about us being gone.

The first change we noticed is that Rory is talking a lot. Like, as much as I talk, a lot. She's enunciating her words more, using more sayings, and pretty much just always wants to talk whether its to somebody or just to herself. She's also been a lot more emotional, but to be fair she became sick the night we got home. She had a cold that gave her fevers in the evening so she must not have been feeling well which I'd associate with her extreme emotions more then our return.

Max on the other hand, has been very vocal on how much he missed us. Numerous times he's told us "I missed you so much!" It's enough to make this Momma's heart melt over and over again. He's also become attached to Daddy. Saturday was our first day home with the kids but Dusty had plans so he wasn't home for much of the day. Max was very upset when Daddy left and continued to tell me about it for the rest of the day. On Sunday we had to reassure him a few times that Daddy was staying home; he couldn't even go to the bathroom without getting questioned by Max! Monday morning was tough as Max was very upset that Daddy had gone to work but today has been better so I think he's coming around.

Now if only I could adjust back to being home! Not only have I been in long sleeves and sweatshirts most of the time just to stay warm, my fingers keep cracking from all the dry air. I feel like a little old lady that can't adjust to weather changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment