Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yesterday the kids and I went and visited with my grandpa (GG John). His days are getting numbered so it was extremely important for me to get up to see him. I didn't take any pictures while we were there and instead spent my time just being in the moment. He really is one of my most favorite people to be with and I'm really glad we made the trip.

I'm also extremely happy that Dusty surprised me with two portable DVD players for the kids! Let me tell you, that made a mountain of difference for the long car rides I faced alone with the kids. Just look at how happy they are!


On our way home the kids took a late nap in the car and I ended up waking them up for dinner. Usually I don't do a sit down dinner alone with the kids, it's stressful trying to keep an eye on both of them, but as you can see by the picture they were a little road weary so getting out and stretching our legs a bit was a necessity. Thankfully the kids were extremely well behaved. 


It was a long two days of traveling and things did not go smoothly at all, but I would do it again in a heartbeat for those 3 hours we spent with Grandpa. We love you GG John!

No comments:

Post a Comment