Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's story sharing day. Some giggles, some set backs, and some things I just want to remember.
  1. Yesterday morning Max came into bed with me and decided he wasn't going to wait until 7am (which is the time I will get out of bed and get him cereal). So fifteen minutes later I rolled out of bed and found Max laying on the couch covered with the blanket, with his back against the heating pad which he had turned on, and the TV showing the P90X exercise program infomercial. Seriously you guys, it was like walking into another dimension and seeing Dusty as a little boy since that is his position every night!

  2. Rory is back into her pull-ups for the time being. While she is going to the bathroom very well, she has decided that she no longer wants to take care of #2 on the toilet and goes in her pants. This has been going on for almost a week now and we pulled the pull-ups out after day 3. Seriously? I'm done doing that kind of laundry, we can just wait it out.

  3. The kids decided to trash Rory's bedroom the other day while we were cleaning up so I could vacuum. They seriously picked up the floor in every room and then went into Rory's room and tossed everything she had on to the floor instead and just thought it was hilarious. I, on the other hand, was furious. So I shut the door and told them they couldn't come out until it was all cleaned up. Dusty got home about twenty minutes later and I left to go to the gym. I get home to find out that Dusty walked in to them spreading Vaseline all over. He cleaned up most of the mess but I was stuck figuring out how to get it out of Rory's brand new drapes. I plan to know all the secrets to removing stains, dirt and grime by Max's fourth birthday. I mean, that is the pace we're moving at here.

  4. Rory can't say "fart" instead she says "sart" which gets me giggling every single time. This is so not going to lead to proper little girl behavior. Then again, having Max and Daddy around pretty much guaranteed we weren't going that route.

  5. And lastly, we are going to have to move the little girl from her crib and into her toddler bed. Yesterday at nap time she climbed out of her crib, opened her door and told me "Mommy I awake" about ten minutes after I put her into her bed. Today at nap time? She kept opening her bedroom door to see if I was still sitting outside her room. I finally just locked it and she must have crawled back into her crib because she's asleep now. I'm really not looking forward to having two kids that can get out of their beds as they wish. This is going to be interesting.
Well I hope you got a few giggles out of those, I on the other hand, feel like I'm running a zoo! They are so lucky they are cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment