Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today called for a beautiful, 77 degree day. So I loaded up the kids and we headed out to the Minnesota Zoo! (Caution, adorable pictures ahead.)

The kids and I posed outside the zoo next to one of the many statues. Hello giant bison!


While we were on a walk outside we came upon the prairie dogs and I told the kids to look at the camera through the glass. They took that as a "smash your face against the dirty glass and don't think about all the germs" type of pose. Pretty sure I'm in love.


We stopped to visit the farm on the zoo and we even got to watch a cow being milked. Max is showing off his ability to moo like a cow.


We also got to check out the new Penguin exhibit. It was actually pretty anti climatic for how much advertising has been done regarding this new exhibit. But the kids still had fun checking them out. Rory got to get up close to two of them.


Becca and Conan met up with us at the zoo later in the morning. Obviously I was pumped to get to spend some more time with her since we had just hung out last weekend, and Conan was an adorable flirt with his big blue eyes. The kids were acting like monkeys while watching the cute red butted baboons out the window. (Or at least, I think that is what they were.)


I love this picture of the kids. They are watching the dolphin swim overhead. My pictures really would not focus while we were in the aquarium (hello, I want a dSLR Dusty), but this one is pretty cool looking.


Oh, hello giant fish, how about a high five to the mouth?!


Becca and I have decided that Conan and Rory will be married when they're older. What? You can't arrange marriages anymore? But how am I supposed to guarantee that Becca and I will get to be related someday? Well the good news is that we have yet to figure out who owes which family what yet, so maybe we aren't breaking any laws...


And this last picture is sort of an inside joke with Max, Rory and I. You see, a long time ago we read a Panda book from the library and it talked about how Panda's ate bamboo. At the time, I would yell out "Yuck!" as soon as I'd read that part and tell them that bamboo was yucky. It got carried away after that and now we like to ask each other if we want bamboo sandwiches, bamboo ice cream, you get the picture. So imagine Max and Rory's surprise when I told them that the potted plant they were walking around was actually bamboo! So we had a little fun with the plant and they decided to "lick it like ice cream" for the picture.


It was a great day at the zoo and a perfect way to spend a much warmer then average fall day. I mean who's going to complain about spending the day at the zoo? And better yet? I got to spend some time with one of my favorite Mommy friends! Now we just need to get them to bed a little bit earlier since naps were skipped. Anyone want to come help us out with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment