Thursday, September 15, 2011

So last night, Dusty and I went to bed with the understanding that there may be some frost overnight and some of our crops may not make it. Imagine our surprise when we woke up and found that even the water in our hose was frozen! So much for that frost, Dusty heard that it dropped down to twenty two degrees last night.

We pretty much lost everything. No green beans from our garden this year. All those beautiful peppers that were just starting to turn red and yellow? Lost. Needless to say, I'm just a little sick about it.

Look at my hydrangeas! Would you believe they were still mostly white yesterday?!


And here's a look at one of the jalapeno plants. Obviously the leaves shouldn't be black and wilted.


So today I spent the day trying to use up as much of the veggies that we could save. I roasted a ton of peppers and tomatillos. I cut up onions and peppers and froze them. I even shredded zucchini. Hopefully we can score some of the missing veggies at the farmer's market this weekend. I'd really like to can some green beans if nothing else this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment