Friday, September 23, 2011

A couple weeks ago I purchased Mamarazzi: Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids because I've been getting more and more interested in photography. I'm 2 chapters in and already so excited about the little bits I've learned. For those of you that are artistic, unlike me, you're probably well aware of the Rule of Thirds. But I wasn't, and it's already got me excited to try, so the kids and I headed to the park and I practiced getting my kids into those thirds, with the help of my camera's preset lines that I never used before! (The lighting, focus, everything else is not at the degree I'd like, hence needing to read more!)


I'm already excited about this new knowledge and how obvious it was yet I didn't know it. Last night I sat in bed disappointed because I'd really like to take a class where there is a teacher that looks at your work and shows you how to improve it. I figured I'd look into it some more when I got a moment and lo-and-behold this morning Groupon was offering a 2 hour photography class specifically for moms!


You guys? It was my sign! So I'm going to take a 2 hour class and see where that gets me. Maybe I can find a photography class at nights? Maybe I can start saving to buy a DSLR camera so I have even crisper pictures? I am so dang excited I just had to share!


P.S. If you're interested in the class, sign up! What a steal! I can't promise we can all go to the same class but we can sure try to get it to work out. My goal for now? Get the class and the book read before the holidays so I can have some AMAZING photos!

1 comment: