Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I've got some stories to share again today. You know, those small stories that are sure to make you laugh or just beam with pride at how big these two kiddos are getting. Well, at least that is what they do for me.

To start, we had Rory's 3 year check up today. She is doing awesome and was very excited to show off her big girl undies to our pediatrician! She weighed 28 lbs, putting her in the 74th percentile for her age. She was 2' 11.5" putting my tall girl in the 90th percentile, and we already knew she was really smart with all her talking but her head was in the 98th percentile at 19.75"! What a big girl we have, and we couldn't be more proud.

Rory has also developed a small sarcastic attitude. I mean, she's 2, not 14. The other night, Max wouldn't give her a kiss goodnight. So Rory stomped off to her bedroom, turned around just outside her door and yells out "I love you Buddy." And it was the most direct, sarcastic voice I've ever heard her use. I started laughing and I hear Max yell back, "I love you Rory." As if she was not trying to be mean. Typical male. (Sarcasm applied.)

Max has continued on his streak of sneaking things into his bed after we have gone downstairs. We usually find an apple or apple core lying in his bed in the morning if he does it. But we've also been surprised by the salt shaker (what a mess) and wrappers from fruit snacks. I wonder what we'll find next?

Another Rory story, because she's been so dang funny lately, has to do with potty training. Whenever she announces she has to go to the potty, she'll stand up right where she is and drops her pants. So anybody that is in the room? Gets to watch Rory's little naked butt shaking from side to side as she waddles to the bathroom. And I assure you, it is hilarious.

My last story, actually makes fun of me, because I can be a funny girl too you know. Dusty and I are always arguing about the fact that I take hot showers. And by hot, I mean steam is usually rolling out of the shower and the warm water tends to disappear after I've been in there. So imagine my surprise this weekend when I turn around to see the meat thermometer poked into my shower and aimed at the shower head! I could have killed that man for his little scare had he not triumphantly declared, 108 degrees shortly after I found him. Seriously people, 108 degrees at the top of the shower, it cools down by at least 8 degrees by the time it hits my body. Don't mind the scalding red marks on my chest and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment