Monday, September 19, 2011

This weekend we went out and bought Rory some big girl underwear. Since our weekend was so hectic this required everyone going to the store so there were lots of opinions as to which character Rory should get. We finally settled on the Hello Kitty undies and left the store. Twenty minutes later, Rory had her first accident in 3 days. Of course, we were at another store buying stuff for our yard and she really hasn't done a lot of errand shopping while potty training, but I still found it a little ironic.

Fast forward to later that day, we get home and I realize I bought the wrong sized underwear! Where I thought Rory would fit into a 4T I have no idea. I blame it on the rush to get in and out and on our way. So guess who had to go back to the store to get the right size? Yup. And this time I left them all in the car while I ran in. (You do realize I mean Daddy and the kids, right?) Of course the kitty cat underwear were not in Rory's size, but I was able to find some Mickey Mouses and she didn't seem to mind when I showed them to her.

So as of last night, Rory is now in big girl undies. Well, unless we are going somewhere. I'm a bit lazy this time around and have no desire to carry around an extra change of pants. At least not yet. I think we'll give her a week and see how she does in the new undies at home and for short errands first before converting full time. And maybe, just maybe, I'm trying to keep my little baby the baby she is just a little bit longer. I plead the fifth.

No comments:

Post a Comment