Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rory gave me quite a scare yesterday. She was crying while I got breakfast ready, nothing too unusual, but when I sat down next to her I was taken aback.


Do you notice her face? Not the goofy face, but the red on her face? She had blood stains for tear stains on her face! At least, I'm pretty positive that it was a blood stain since I couldn't find any mysterious red powder, cuts, or anything else that could have produced those stains. After a chat with our pediatrician it was decided that unless she started showing other symptoms or cried again with more blood, we would just watch and hope it was a one time occurrence. (I should mention Rory is very healthy right now, not even a runny nose to complain of, so it was completely out of the blue.)

All day I suppressed my urge to pinch her and make her cry. Now, before you think I'm a terrible mom for wanting her to cry, keep in mind that for 9 hours, 9 HOURS, I was on pins and needles watching her like a hawk while trying not to freak her out, hoping it was a fluke and not something I'd need to worry about. If she would cry clear tears, then I'd know I was in the clear. I suppressed that urge and eventually that evening she cried one tiny, clear tear.

In the meantime, while I waited and watched, we had some fun being goofy together.



And today she is still acting just fine, and has even cried another time producing clear tears, so I'm not worrying about it. (At breakfast actually, it's part of the routine to cry with hunger apparently.) Also? I've had enough blood scares for the year, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment