Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My kids are slowly driving me insane. Well, at least today they are.

Max has decided that getting up at 5am is totally and completely acceptable. Moments after he's awake? He's waking Rory up. As you can imagine, I've got some tired, crabby children over here. I also know, I've reached my breaking point. When I'm pulling down my Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book to double check Max's sleep hours even though it's blatantly obvious he's not getting enough, I know I'm going crazy.

So, who has advice on how to get my child to sleep longer? I have to warn you, I'm not into the idea of getting one of those night lights that show day and night hours, simply because he's already shown that when he's left to his own devices he'll wake up his perfectly happy and tired little sister, and they do share a room. Right now? He gets sent to the playroom where he must remain by his self until it's an appropriate time to be awake. It seemed to be working, with only a few bad days; that is, until we went to the lake and screwed it all up.

Also? I hate daylight savings time and tonsillectomies. Thanks to those two things my son has been completely off his perfectly reasonable 5:30/6am wake ups.Yes, I wish it were later but he's always been an early riser, there isn't much I can do about that.

Rory has been extra fun with her tiredness. Everything is all about Rory and if you don't do it the way she wants to than you will suffer Rory's wrath! She's had more attitude than I've ever seen, is easily upset, and is very uncooperative on even the simplest of tasks.

I know you want my life.

So send some advice, some well wishes, and maybe some sleeping powder? I'll leave you with this in exchange.


That would be Max giving Rory a "huggy and kissy" goodbye before getting on his bus to leave for school. Yes, they can be adorable when they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment