Saturday, November 3, 2012

The kids and I headed out to the farm today. Hunting season has started and we wanted to go drop off some of our Halloween candy to share with the hunters (aka get it out of my house). We also were hoping to get to see a successfully hunt, which Aunt Ashley informed us we would as Uncle Randy got a deer that morning. Lastly, Max needed to feed the cows with the corn he had saved for them.

Randy got a little 3 pointer. I shouldn't make fun, I mean he did get a deer after all. Rory had fun pretending her hat was going to eat the bloody deer.


The reason I make fun, is because the neighbor's relative also got a deer, and it was quite a bit bigger. You guys? I have never met that guy in my life making this picture even more entertaining!


Nothing says deer season quite like the cold weather, the blaze orange, and the dead deer laying around waiting to get skinned and gutted. (Becca, I totally wrote that last bit for you knowing you would be cringing. You're welcome.)


Uncle Cecil helped me walk the kids out to the pen so that Max could feed the cows.


A few weeks ago Max went with our neighbor Chris to harvest the field corn on another farm. While he was out there he took a few cobs so that he could take them to feed Uncle Jeff's cows. When he got home he used a butter knife to shuck the corn into a bucket and it's been sitting in our garage ever since. So today, we dumped it.


And the cows came and ate it! He was pretty happy and it was cute to watch him experience it.


Rory had fun skipping around and over the cow pies while we walked in the pen and she would happily point out the next cow pie.



It was a nice and productive visit, even if the kids didn't let me leave quite as much candy behind as I had wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment