Friday, July 13, 2012

We made another visit to the Wilderness Walk. It wasn't the same without Jean and the boys (and now a new baby girl addition) but I guess I can't expect her to fly from Atlanta every time we go there!

We started out in the nursery where we were greeted by a buck. The kids couldn't stop laughing as he followed us around the nursery, nudging us with his antlers.


We also got to check out some peacocks shaking out their tail feathers. That is always fun to see, especially when you can get up close!


The kids fed the camel, which if you'll recall was eating Rory's arm last year! (I didn't remind her of that.)


We also got to see the baby bears. Tell me that isn't adorable! It also was rather fitting as the night before I saw a Mama bear and her three cubs go strolling through the backyard by the lake. So cool!


The kids panned for gold again. Once they got their gold they took it to the gift shop and got a sucker. (I may have actually found their gold pieces.) Rory would just grab whatever rock she found while Max sloshed water all over his feet causing him to lose interest.


Rory and I had fun posing with the head locks.




Max and Rory "Bit the dust at the Wilderness Walk".


Waking up to a cloudy, misty day sure wasn't something I was hoping for this morning but I think we ended up making the best of the situation. I know I had a good time, and based on the kids' excited phone conversation with their Daddy, I'm pretty sure they did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment