Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yesterday the kids and I spent the day in Ashland. I was really excited to take them swimming in Lake Superior as they had not done this yet. We went to the beach that had lifeguards on duty as I figured it must be a really nice beach. Instead I found a rocky shoreline and an old ship dock with a diving board at the end.

The kids didn't mind the rocky shoreline. As long as you can dig in it, they're happy.


Max asked and asked and asked if he could go off the diving board. I never told him no, I just told him I didn't think they'd let him jump off in his life jacket. So when he saw a girl jump off in hers about an hour later? Yeah, I lost. I figured he'd get to the end of the pier and chicken out. He didn't. Then I figured he'd walk to the end of the diving board, realize it's at least 10 feet high, and chicken out. Instead? He crawled onto the board.


He got on his feet and ran himself right off that diving board!


And then he did it 6 more times, so cool to watch! The lifeguard that stands at the diving board couldn't help but laugh every time his head would pop out of the water with his huge grin.


Eventually the kids and I made it to Aunt Judy's where we met up with my Aunt Mary Kay, cousins Taylor and Gavin, and their grandma. The kids had a blast playing together.

There was hide and seek,


catch with Aunt Judy,


and swinging in the swing.


We also took a picture to send to Brookey in California. Taylor setup the pose and it turned out cute. She's so smart, and Brooke enjoyed her photo!


It was a nice little excursion on a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment