Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This year, I've been trying to decorate our front stair railing for the holidays. On Valentine's Day we had hearts, for St. Patrick's Day we had clovers and for Easter I decided to make it a little more challenging. Instead of cutting out paper and making a garland I paper mached Easter Eggs!

I did that first step myself with water balloons. It was just going to be too messy to have the kids help and I knew they would take days to dry since they would have the "glue" extra thick. After I did that I left the eggs to hang and dry from our kitchen light.


A day later I hung them from a ladder in the garage and quickly spray painted them white so there would be a base color for our eggs instead of newsprint. I don't have a picture of them being painted, nor are they painted very well, because spray painting in the garage with two kids and a dog is pretty dangerous work! But they turned out OK.


Max decided to paint his egg.


Rory decided she wanted puppies on hers so I did some magazine cutouts for her to glue on.


I tried to use up some scrap tissue paper that we had on hand. The kids and I left our projects to dry on the table for a couple hours.


Daddy worked on his after work (you know, put a whole bunch of effort into it) and voila, our Easter decorations this year!


I know, a bit on the mediocre side but it's something!

No comments:

Post a Comment