Saturday, April 7, 2012

I had an amazing success today with a kid's craft that lasted for a full half hour! And the best part is that it took less then 2 minutes to put it together. Can I get an amen?!

I was inspired from this blog post, http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/2012/04/cooking-101.html, and I wanted to make sure to give them credit. They've given me a few craft ideas lately with the kids.

We had a large egg carton from when I purchased eggs and I used that and filled it with a variety of spices and baking supplies. The kids helped pick spices and we made sure to smell everything as it was poured in.


Then I gave them each one measuring spoon and they mixed and tasted to their hearts content.


And content they were. It lasted a whole half hour for BOTH kids! 


Another positive is that it's helping me clean up my spice drawer as we're using all the old spices that could really use replacing anyway! We'll be doing this activity again, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment