Thursday, January 19, 2012

So remember how a week ago the kids and I went on a two hour walk in the woods and it was 54 degrees outside when we started? Yeah, that was marvelous! Today? Our school district had a late start because of how cold it was with the wind chill. Negative 20's people! So Max's preschool was canceled and I had to come up with some ideas fast.

Max and I worked on some snowflake art.



Rory attempted the scraping art, although I did something wrong, and Rory didn't quite get the scraping down so it was a bit of a failure.


Anyone remember how that worked again? I drew a bright picture with markers and then attempted to color over it with a black crayon. The crayon did not fully cover like I remember it doing. Was I supposed to use paint or something else? Maybe I was too impatient and needed to spend more time coloring it in?


Oh well, it had her entertained for five minutes, I really wasn't expecting much more then that.

And before I go. A cute picture of Daddy reading to the kids after baths and before bed.


Just melts my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Use crayon instead of markers, then paint over it with black paint(like tempra). That should make it work a little better for the scrape art!

    ReplyDelete