Monday, January 23, 2012

Max gets distracted and his aim eventually shoots off target, leaving me to clean the bathrooms at least every other day if not numerous times in one day. I used to love cleaning the bathrooms, it was such a relief having it shiny and clean. Since having kids? Cleaning the bathrooms has become my absolute least favorite chore.

They get toothpaste and soap all over the sink within minutes of it being cleaned, and the toilet, bathtub and walls are constantly covered in water spots that I can only assume is urine. (Although I'm sure there is just some splashed water too, but I'm not taking any chances.) Oh and the smell! It isn't like my bathroom reeks but if I can smell urine (which happens WAY too much) I know I have to scrub down the toilet, walls, tub and anywhere else that may have gotten sprayed in order to get rid off the smell.

I know, you never want to come over and use my bathrooms now... 

To be fair? Dusty can't smell the urine smells, it may just be in my brain, either way, it just proves how crazy the bathrooms are making me. Also? My bathrooms are probably some of the cleanest bathrooms around, I mean, they get a scrub down at least every other day thanks to Max. So, be disgusted with me but know you are safe to use my bathrooms!

Now, I know I have told you about Max and his love of stealing foods to eat in his bedroom*. This too is a big annoyance to me as there are constantly crumbs on his bed, under his bed, and anywhere else he chooses to eat in there.

This weekend Max and I had a little chat. And now? If he eats food in his bedroom, he has to clean the toilet. This isn't as horrible as a punishment as it sounds, he actually doesn't mind wiping up the pee spots (as he calls them) and I'm slowly gaining my cool back. Oh, and my bathrooms have currently been cleaned twice a day since we started this rule. (Three times today already.) 

I think I'm getting this parenting thing figured out - Don't get mad, get even!

*My children are well fed. They aren't starving and sneaking off to eat for nourishment. They are being kids and finding all the treats that they are allowed to have at snack times or once and a while and are trying to eat them all the time. My frozen cookie stash just got significantly smaller today, I need to find a stronger lid!

1 comment:

  1. Oh.... I can relate! I always feel like our house smells like pee because they can't seem to aim correctly. And I have TWO of them doing this. I am constantly cleaning our bathrooms, but I can't get the smell out of my own head thinking it still stinks. I feel for ya.....

    ReplyDelete